|Allied Glass Industries offers a
multitude of glass fabrication services. Our goal is to be
able to satisfy all our clients' needs in a cost effective
timely manner. Below are some of our services, should you
have a need not listed below please don't hesitate to email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 570-586-7417.
or exceed the ANSI 297.1-1984 and CPSC 16 CFR 1201, Category
- We offer the most up-to-date
tempering/heat-strengthening process available. Tempered
glass is great in homes, businesses, boats and
- We can either temper or
heat-strengthen your glass from 3/16 3/4"
- We can temper as big as 60 x 120 or
as small as 4 x 8
- When tempering, we create an initial
condition of surface and edge compression. This is
achieved by heating the glass and then rapidly cooling
the surfaces. This leaves the center hot and as it cools
it forces the surfaces and edges into compression.
- This glass will be four times
stronger than annealed glass and will be able to
withstand a wide range of temperature changes. When
tempered glass breaks, it fractures into small,
relatively harmless pieces. This is called dicing
which reduces the dangers of injury.
- Heat-strengthened glass has a surface
compression between 3,50010,000 psi or an edge
compression between 5,5009,700 psi. The fracture
characteristics vary according to the psi surface and
edge compression. The lower the psi, the more like
annealed glass; the higher the psi, the more like
- We use diamond grinding wheels to
remove a portion of the glass edge. Then, we use felt
wheels and a polishing compound to bring the edge to a
shiny, clear finish.
- We provide straight-line and pattern
beveling on glass from 1/8 to Ύ thick.
- Our standard bevel sizes for
straight-line beveling are Ό to 1½.
- Clean Cut - rough and sharp
- Seamed - a rough grind is
applied to the top and bottom to take off the sharpness
- Ground - all edges are ground
but not polished and have a satin-finished look
- Flat Polish - the side edge is
flat with a small seam or aris on the top and bottom
edge of the glass
- Pencil Polish - side edge is
rounded which gives it a soft look
- Mitered Edge - creates a 45
angle on the edge of the glass
- We have the most up-to-date
glass-cutting machine to provide you with precision-cut
- Notches and cut-outs for light
- Finger pulls: handle grooves in
sliding glass doors
- Bonded boxes
- Pattern cutting: diameters, ovals,
race-track ovals, quarter rounds, various shapes
- Sandblasting glass gives it a frosted
- We can frost your glass to add some
privacy to your bathroom shower or to improve the
appearance of your home.
- Our sandblasting process can be done
to cover an entire side of glass or just to add some
stripes to a piece of glass.